Registration is closed.
- 14th November, Tuesday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2017 Intake: 17 Jan l 27 Mar l 8 May l 26 Jul l 13 Sep l 14 Nov
This course will share the fundamental of good business writing and ways to improve your email credibility through observing proper email etiquette. Participants will gain knowledge of how to write a better structured email and how to avoid common grammar mistakes in business writing. This course will also teach the arts of organising and planning your writing, prior to drafting your email.
Enable participants to adopt good writing skills:
1. Learn the language of business writing
2. Learn how to vet their written work
- Understanding the fundamentals of good business writing
- Pre course assignment – Gauging participant’s standard of English
- Modern day business writing vs. older form of business writing - Concise writing, do’s and don’ts
of business writing
2. Effective Organisation and Planning
- The five W’s of planning
- Understanding and using tone effectively in writing
- The 4 steps structure to drafting e-mails - paragraphing rules
3. Essentials of Emails
- Characteristics of emails
- When to email and when not to
- Ways to improve your email readability
- Guidelines for better structured emails
- Observing proper Email etiquette
4. Writing Tips and Techniques
- Common Grammar Mistakes - Tenses, Subject/Verb Agreement, Active/Passive, Etc.
- Email message openers
1 day (9am-5pm)
SMF Members: $321*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at