- 28th March, Wednesday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018 Intake: 28,29 Mar l 04,05 Jun l 06,07 Sep l 06,07 Dec
In any event facilitation is trying to get people involved. One of the problems many leaders face is that they are left with telling employees what to do. When leaders tell, employees are supposed to automatically obey. But just as anyone who raises children knows, the only way to gain commitment, is for them to own the solution, to have involvement so they were part of the decision process. The more involved people are the more committed they will be. The main benefit from doing a facilitation session is that for the employees they have a chance to have their say and that their ideas are then included in the final decision. For the manager the benefit is that he has not imposed anything on his people and therefore does not have to impose his will on them. The result is a better relationship between both sides, and trust is created. This course will help participants on how to get a discussion going to involve every one. It will help them to gain ideas of what questions they will have to ask and how to get people to open up.
By the end of this programme, participants should be able to :
- Understand the whole facilitation process
- The role of the facilitator
- Use facilitation as a way of increasing their ability as a leader
- Have a better understanding of adult learning
- Identify key consideration when designing or redesigning facilitation session
- Gain better understanding of how their staff view procedures and policies
- Prepare systematically for facilitating a group
- Identify different group dynamics and their impact
- Create conversation around identified values and behaviours of the team
- Facilitation Overview
- Concept of Adult Learning
- Different Methods of Facilitation
- Understanding Group Dynamics & Decision Making
- Conduct a Facilitation Session
- Task Group activities
2 days (9am-5pm)
SMF Members: $556.40*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at