- 8th February, Thursday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018 Intake: 8-9 Feb I 5-6 Apr I 5-6 Jun I 13-14 Aug I 23-24 Oct I 17-18 Dec
What are world class manufacturing practices? Why are some companies role modals for others? Is your company a leader or a follower? The programme intends to shed some light and is designed to provide the participants a good overview of what is generally required in terms of good practices in manufacturing, with key focus in the areas of quality, productivity, supervisory functions and other related components of manufacturing. With participation of personnel from various departments and functions, this program will achieve beyond its published contents by allowing teamwork and competitiveness to be enhanced.
1. to provide comprehensive understanding of the functions and roles of manufacturing planning
2. to acquire the appropriate concepts, techniques and practices to solve problems
3. to develop skills to motivate workers
4. to provide activities to enhance participants’ understanding and applications
1. Productivity, Quality Concepts & Measurements
- Why GMP?
- Types of Production System
2. Example of Productivity Measurements
- Productivity concept
- Key Volume Indicators
- Case Study
- Added Value
3. Roles & Functions of Supervisory Managers
- 3 Types of Supervisory Skills
- Human Matrix
4. ISO 9000 Standards & Total Quality Control
- TQC/TQM defined
- Worker-friendly Case
5. Quality Control Circles & Their 7 Techniques
- What is QCC?
- Objectives and Processes
- The 7 QC Tools
6. Total Productive Maintenance & 5S Housekeeping
- TPM & QEE
- Visual Factors
- 5S & Implementation
7. Industrial Ergonomics for Shopfloor Improvements
- Meaning & Scope of Ergonomics
2 days (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $631.30*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at