- 30th June, Friday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2017 Intake: 18 Jan l 22 Mar l 3 Apr l 30 Jun l 31 Jul l 27 Sep l 26 Oct l 5 Dec
Generally most people try to avoid conflicts because they lack basic conflict management skills. Rather than react to conflict on a purely emotional level, learn to manage disputes and disagreements positively and proactively. We are after all in the business of building relationships!
Employees today need communication skills that engage them both personally and professionally. They want to be treated as individuals, not just another transaction. This high energy, interactive workshop defies the conventional methods of “dos and don’ts” of communication 101 training.
At the end of the workshop, you will:
1. Understand your own conflict patterns
2. Improve your listening and communication skills
3. Learn to "read" conflicts by developing a "conflict map"
4. Practice effective conflict management methods depending on workplace relationships
5. Repair damaged relationships
6. Develop coping strategies and your coping style
7. Learn to identify and own your emotions
8. Lessen conflict between you and your boss
9. Lessen conflict between you and your colleagues
10. Learn the nature and value of teamwork
1. JUMPING IN WITH BOTH FEET - Relationship Building
- Using EQ to interact positively with your colleagues and subordinates; and clients
- Identifying, discerning and escalating people’s needs
- Making the individual feel valued
- Maintaining ongoing relationships.
2. EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES
- Understanding people communication tendencies
- Using the MBTI-Myers Briggs Type Indicator to understand an individual’s outward behaviour and thought processes during times of conflict
3. DIAGNOSING WORKPLACE CONFLICTS - Mapping the Conflict through the Enneagram
- Diagnosing workplace conflict
- Conflict VS disagreement
- Stages of conflict development
- The outcome relationship model to decipher the appropriate conflict management approach
4. MOVING BEYOND CONFLICT - Dealing with People Types
- Identify your communication style
- Become assertive in your dealings with people
- Dealing with passive, aggressive and passive-aggressive individuals
- Apply appropriate conflict management strategies through role-plays
1 day (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $321.00*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at