- 22nd March, Thursday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018 Intake: 16-17 Jan I 22-23 Mar I 8-9 May I 17-18 Jul I 20-21 Sep I 20-21 Nov
1. Why negotiate? Who are the Suppliers and Vendors?
2. The objective of negotiation process
3. What to expect in certain deals when negotiation
4. Negotiating mapping technique
5. Preparing for negotiation
6. Tactics and styles you can use
7. Price factor and other parameters
8. Negotiator Role- Purchaser on Chief Negotiator
9. Ways to manage the negotiation - resolving deadlocks or conflicts
10. How to utilize your power in negotiation
11. Guidelines for negotiation
12. Personality in negotiation
The aim of this programme is to enable buyers or purchasers to have an understanding on negotiation techniques and also to increase their awareness on how to deal with their suppliers and vendors.
Participants are taught why, what, when where and how to negotiate. The participants will learn to prepare for negotiation and implement an appropriate effective negotiation strategy.
The role play will provide a practical session for participants to put into practice what they have learnt about purchasing negotiation in the life atmosphere.
2 days ( 9.00am~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $599.20*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at