Registration is closed.
- 22nd January, Monday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018 Intake: 22-23 Jan l 12-13 Mar l 14-15 May l 10-11 Jul l 25-26 Sep l 22-23 Oct l 10-11 Dec
1. International Trade Terms
- Meaning of EXW, FCA, FOB, CFR, CIF, etc…
- How to do quotation and prevent losses
- Using the latest terms to your advantage
- How to choose the right terms
- Incorporation of the trade terms into Contract
2. International Shipping Documents
- Importance and proper uses of documents
- Understanding B/L and AWB and its implications
- Operation of Packing List & Invoice
- Certificate of Origin – uses and applications
- How to apply for Shipping Guarantee
3. Cargo Insurance Policy
- Reasons for cargo insurance
- Changes in the insurance policy
- The Institute Cargo Clauses
- Exclusion Clauses
- Claims Procedures
- Documentation of claims
4. Letter Of Credit
- Applications of DA and DP
- Types of payment in international trade
- Step-by-Step operation of L/C
- Types of Letter of Credit
5. Import/Export Procedures
- Import procedures for air and sea
- Export procedures for air and sea
- Customs procedures and inspection
- Documentations needed for the procedures
- Clearance of cargo from seaport and airport
This seminar is designed to give participants an overview and an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the functions of the various shipping documents and the import/export procedures. This seminar aims to provide both the practical and theoretical aspects of the latest and the most effective ways doing import/export.
2 days ( 9.00am~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $535.00*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at