Registration is closed.
- 16th April, Sunday
- 8:00am to 11:35pm
Tokyo, Takasaki & Osaka, Japan
The Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) along with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), SPRING Singapore and Workforce Singapore will be organizing a study mission to Tokyo & Osaka, Japan from Sunday 16th April 2017 to Friday 21st April 2017. The mission will to be led by Minister of State for Manpower (MOM) Mr Teo Ser Luck. This study mission would be the perfect opportunity to help Singapore companies learn and explore the secrets of the Japanese manufacturing sector which has long been revered for their high efficiency and effectiveness.
•Tokyo •Osaka •Takasaki
• How Japanese firms in the manufacturing and services sectors (e.g. logistics) collaborate across the value chain to create innovative and sustainable solutions that bring about inter-industry lean outcomes such as enhanced efficiency and manpower reduction.
• How to use up-and-coming technology such as Internet of Things (IoT) and robotics to facilitate business model change and improve productivity. Given that implementation of such technologies may not be an easy task, we hope to understand the motivation behind companies that have adopted these advance technologies to transform their business.
• The understand the sorts of HR practices implemented by Japanese firms to motivate their employees to embrace the business model transformation and adopt the new productivity practices.
In line with the mission objectives the mission will cover the following;, the study mission would like to visit companies which have implemented changes across their value chain or up-and-coming technology such as IoT/robotics. The companies may be from the sectors of:
1) Food manufacturers which have automated successfully and streamlined logistics to facilitate lean production and delivery
2) Chain retailers e.g. Uniqlo with a global supply chain and small retailers who operate on a lean and cost effective model, embracing enhanced business models like e-commerce
3) Other service-oriented companies with high adoption of artificial intelligence, IoT, automated service
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact Ms Jessica Lee at
(65) 6826 3025
Ms Jessica Lee