Registration is closed.
- 23rd November, Thursday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2017 Intake: 15, 16 Feb l 4, 5 May l 3, 4 Aug l 23, 24 Nov
1. Introduction to Lean Manufacturing
- What is lean manufacturing and technique
- The principles of lean thinking
- Benefits of adopting lean manufacturing concept
- How does it practise and for lean measures
2. Lean Organization
- What is a lean organization and focus?
- Phases of lean development
- Converting to lean production
3. Just-In-Time System
- JIT philosophy and its goals
- Value and non-value adding
- Identification of wastes
- Pull versus Pull system through the logistic system
4. Use of 5S Concepts in Lean Manufacturing
- The lean production team
- Five S dimensions of work place organization
- The five S movement
- Multi-skilled workers
5. Lean Approach – Value Stream Management
- Value stream mapping tool
- Overall supply chain manufacturing – agile supply chain vs supply chain
- Stages in value stream mapping
- Tools kits for implementation
6. Kaizen in Lean Applications
- Kaizen principle and lean applications
- Simplification, current engineering and total productive maintenance (TPM)
- Autonomous maintenance, visual control and supplier networks
7. Integrating TPM to Lean Manufacturing
- Apply TPM in lean manufacturing
- Operator and maintnance roles in lean environment
- Types of focus in improvement project
- Examine chronic and sporadic loss in the process
8. Inventory Management
- Importance of inventory, problems of raw material shortage and overstocking
- Management concerns in inventory and decision making
- Inventory planning and control
- Materials forecasing and ABC analysis
9. The Various Tools for Lean Manufacturing
- Quality, total quality and total quality management
- How to develop continuous improvement process
- Eight basis SPC tools
- Objectives of continuous improvement
10. The Next Frontier on Going Lean
- The central lean principles
- Your customer
- Value stream management
- Performance measurement
This 2-day programme is to introduce concept, techniques and best practices of manufacturing process to harness comprehensive process of doing the job better for less cost and increased profit, meaning to maximise company resources for long-term business survival and have the ability to do new things better thus avoiding the pitfalls of growth. Participants will learn to understand the concepts and implementation of doing lean by applying a working knowledge of 5S technique, JIT system and Kaizen applications. For business revival for the future is to create profit and value contribution by examining company wastes and reduce them. Participants will be introduced to the various tools for lean manufacturing for cost reduction applications.
2 days (9.00am~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $577.80*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone : 6826 3100
Fax : 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at