- 9th January, Tuesday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018 Intake: 9-10 Jan I 26-27 Apr I 5-6 Jul I 11-12 Oct
Effective Line Balancing forms the core of every successful organization as the strive to increase productivity without incurring unnecessary costs gathers steam. Factors contributing to high costs such as excessive overtime and manpower, high level of inventory and idle time are all part of the results of poor line balancing. The need to deal effectively with the problems of production scheduling means more staff need to have a comprehensive understanding of the principles and functions of how production works and this course primarily aims to deliver the foundation to a more solid management.
1. to have a clear understanding of Line Balancing and its impact
2. to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the major methods of line balancing
3. to recognize the sequencing and scheduling problems in any operation systems
4. to solve problems at operation level by using the appropriate production techniques
1. Scheduling Techniques
- Production planning and control
- Effects of poor production control
- Sequencing Techniques
2. Application of Just In Time Systems
- Lean production – the seven wastes
- Strengths & Weaknesses in Push & Pull Systems
- Visible Control
- JIT in manufacturing industry
- JIT interfaces
3. Performance Management
- Introduction to work measurement
- Time study
- Methods time measurement
4. Flow Analysis & Line Balancing Techniques
- Use of line balancing
- The RPW Technique of Line Balancing
- The Kilbridge & Webster Method
- Problems encountered in line balancing
- Machine interface
2 days ( 9.00am~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $556.40*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone : 6826 3100
Fax : 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at