Registration is closed.
- 6th November, Monday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2017 Intake: 16, 17 Jan l 28, 29 Mar l 22, 23 May l 26, 27 Jul l 26, 27 Sep l 6, 7 Nov
Mistake Proofing, also called Poka Yoke was developed by Japanese manufacturing engineer Shigeo Shingo to achieve Zero Quality Control (ZQC). As one of the main components of ZQC, mistake proofing is used to detect/prevent defects from happening in the first place. This two-day programme takes a practical hands-on approach to systematically implement an error proofing system. Participants will learn how and why the system works, as well as how error proofing can achieve ZQC.
This programme aims to help a participant to:
1. Understand the history and concept of Mistake Proofing
2. Understand Mistake Proofing principle and methods
3. Learn how to perform Mistake Proofing in systematic way to achieve ZQC
Unit 1: Introduction
a) Introduction to Zero Quality Control (ZQC):
- Why mistakes are made?
- Strategies for Zero Defects
b) Introduction to Mistake Proofing
- The purpose of Mistake Proofing
- Mistake Proofing principle and concept
- Mistake Proofing methods
Unit 2: Mistake Proofing Steps
- Process Mapping
- FMEA analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Develop Mistake Proofing Solutions
- Verify and implement Mistake Proofing solutions
- Develop Control Plan
Quality Managers, Quality Engineers, Business Process Owners, Process Improvement Managers, System implementers, Management representatives, System coordinators, Change managers, and Improvement teams.
At the end of the programme, a participant will be able to:
1. Understand the purpose, concept and benefits of Mistake Proofing
2. Identify where Mistake Proofing can be applied for best effect
3. Be able to implement Mistake Proofing
2 days classroom training
- Must be either Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Currently Employed
Course Fee (Before Funding) = S$535.00/pax (Incl GST)
Course Fee (After 50% Funding) = S$267.50/ pax (Incl GST)
|Union members may receive funding under the National Trades Union Congress’ (NTUC) Union Training Assistance Programme(UTAP) of up to S$250 per member per calendar year.|
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at