Registration is closed.
- 8th January, Sunday
- 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Ahmedabad & New Delhi
To help companies tap into the local manufacturing market, Singapore Manufacturing Federation will be organising a Singapore Business Mission to India – Ahmedabad & New Delhi, from 8th Jan (Sun) – 12th Jan (Thur) 2017.
We strongly encourage companies to join us on this mission to explore business opportunities focusing on several sectors e.g Automation Technology, Metal & Machinery, Engineering, Energy & Chemical, Infrastructure & Construction, Electrical & Electronics, Life Sciences, Lifestyle, Food & Beverage, Logistics, Water, Retail and others.
This Business Mission will coincide with the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017 that will be held from the 10th – 13th January 2017 at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. This global Summit, since its inception in 2003, has established itself as the biggest international business event of India. It is a visionary approach towards inclusive development by ensuring policy driven governance and effective business promotion. This serves as a platform for SMEs to connect with potential partners to explore opportunities of collaboration and partnership as well as providing networking forums to foster interaction between stakeholders through B2B and B2G meetings. The Biennial summit is now a unique forum for exploring investment opportunities, sharing knowledge and networking while address the current challenges facing India. This summit will bring together Heads of states and government, policymakers, corporate leaders, intellectuals and experts across the world to further investments and promote economic cooperation.
Gujarat, situated in a geographically strategic location offers excellent connectivity as well as acting as a gateway to the northern and central markets of India. With its manufacturing sector contributing over 25% to the state GSDP, a robust base of large scale industries with over 2 million SMEs employing up to 15 million people, Gujarat contributes up to 7.14% of India’s GDP, 19% of India’s industrial output and exports and is a pioneer in harnessing clean energy. Gujarat is a national leader in 15 manufacturing sectors and is consistently ranked among the top achievers with several firsts in its achievements, being the state with the largest producer of pharmaceuticals, chemicals, petrochemicals, salt, soda ash and marine products. It has the highest number of ports handling over 40% of India’s cargo and has one of the largest investment projects in solar, wind power and bio gas generation.
For more info, visit http://vibrantgujarat.com/
India is now poised to emerge as a leading global economy with average GDP growth of 7.9% for the last 10 years (FY04 to FY13). The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, formerly Chief Minister of Gujarat has injected a new sense of confidence into the economy and the nation is on a fast track of growth under his stewardship. With manufacturing as the government’s key focus, the 'Make in India' initiative is expected to be a vital component in India's quest for achieving wholesome economic development. Policies and incentives are being liberalised for foreign companies to operate in India and with a population of more than 1.2 billion, India’s total working-age population is poised to rise from 749 million to 962 million, accounting for about 28% of the increase in the world’s total working-age population by 2030, thus providing an abundant pool of working force population and an enormous consumer market. India is expected to be the next growth destination, ranking amongst the world’s most attractive investment destinations as well as fastest growing economies. Therefore we strongly urge you to take this opportunity and start exploring the immense resources and potential the India market can offer for your business growth and expansion plans.
Ahmedabad, largest city and former capital of Gujarat
• The largest city and former capital of Gujarat, and is the administrative headquarters of the Ahmedabad district
• Largest inland industrial center and the second largest industrial center in western India with chemical, pharmaceutical, garment and textile industries as the key drivers of the Ahmadabad’s economy and also one of the largest exporters of gems and jewellery in India.
• Enormous pool of skilled workforce.
New Delhi, capital of India
• Largest commercial city in northern India with the 2nd highest per capita income in India.
• One of the largest metropolis and fastest growing state in India
• Highly developed commercial sector with a large working age population within its excellent educational facilities and quality infrastructure.
• Owing to its strategic location, connectivity and rich cultural history, New Delhi has always been a prime tourist attraction and is a key
arrival/departure point for both foreign and Indian nationals.
Mission Highlights & Why You Should Join:
• Meetings with Chief Ministers, Key Government Officials and Industry Group leaders in the cities of New Delhi & Ahmedabad.
• Networking sessions / Exploring business opportunities with potential Indian companies.
• Individual Business Matching sessions based on participants’ areas of interest.
• Attend the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017 (held from the 10th – 13th January 2017) which is expected to have over 5000 delegates worldwide
Participants must pay a common cost of S$600/members or $750/non-members directly to SMF for coach and transportation within cities, mission kits, brochures & official receptions etc. In addition, participants are to pay for their own flight & accommodations directly through their own agents or via SMF appointed travel agent or alternatively they can book their own travel arrangements via the internet.
Estimated guide for costs:
(SMF Appointed Travel Agent)
AIRFARE : SGD $1100 / pax (International & Domestic Economy flights)
HOTEL ACCOMODATION : SGD $1000 / pax (4* Accommodation, 4 nights) Approximately SGD$250 / room / night
COMMON COST : Member ~ SGD $600/pax / Non Member ~ SGD $750/pax
Member ~ $ 2700 / pax
Non Member ~ $ 2850 / pax
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact Gabriel Tan at