Registration is closed.
- 28th May, Wednesday
- 1:30pm to 5:30pm
E1.6, SMF House, Level 1, 2985 Jalan Bukit Merah Singapore 159457
Standards Adoption Workshop
Biomedical Standards Industry Series 2014
The benefit of using Cosmetic Standards
|Date:||28 May 2014, Wedneday|
|Time:||1.30pm to 5.30pm|
SMF House, E1.6
Level 12985 Jalan Bukit Merah
|Enquiries:||Ms Cynthia Toh|
Registration form can be found in the attached PDF, or obtained via email from our contact person.
1) Registration Fees : $20.14 (inclusive of GST).
(on first-come-first -serve basis due to limited seats per workshop).
2) Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Fax the completed form to: 6826-3008 (Attention: Ms Cynthia Toh).
3) Make cheque payable to “Singapore Manufacturing Federation”. On the reverse of cheque, please indicate Name, I/C number, SDO-28/05/2014.
Mail the completed form together with cheque and attention to :
Ms Cynthia Toh
Singapore Manufacturing Federation
2985 Jalan Bukit Merah
Registration Closing Date: 27th May 2014
The Biomedical Standards Industry Series consists of a series of in-depth briefing sessions/workshops for biomedical-related companies that are interested and ready for standards implementation. These workshops will cover new and existing standards. Alongside with the long-term strategy towards economic restructuring and improving productivity, standards implementation is another pathway towards improving company’s productivity, branding, economic competitiveness and assisting its foray into international markets.
At this session/workshop, participants will gain in-depth knowledge on the benefits of cosmetics standards. Standards partners from the Biomedical Standards Committee and National Mirror Working Group ISO/TC 217 as well as industry experts will share how they have leveraged on standards to address some of their challenges and opportunities in the field of cosmetics manufacturing and distribution.
Participants will also obtain insight on how standards can help their organisations gain market access, improve the quality of products & services and raise in-house productivity.
Who Should Attend
- Biomedical professionals
- Healthcare officers and service providers
- Clinical researchers and research scientists
- Laboratory managers and technical officers
- Distributors and retailers in personal care industry
- What are standards and its relevance to current cosmetic industry issues
- How standards address risk in the cosmetic industry
- Sharing by industry on the benefits of standards implementation
- Government initiatives to support standards adoption and implementation
Participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the workshop.
The Relevance of International Standards in Cosmetics
Dr Khoo Keng Meng, PhD (Biochemistry), LLM (Distinction) Commercial Law, Head of Regulatory (Asia Pacific), Lonza
Good Manufacturing Practices Good Distribution Practices (GMPGDP)
Ms Stephanie Chan, Bsc Hons, Master (Cosmetic Chemistry), Secretary, Cosmetic, Toiletry & Fragrance Association of Singapore (CTFAS)
|4:45 pm||National Standardisation Program|
Government initiatives to support Standards Adoption/Implementation
SME Centre of Excellence
|5:15 pm||Question and Answer|
Terms & Conditions
1) No refund or deferment of attendance is allowed if participant fails to turn up for session/workshop on SMF-SDO stipulated start date and/or time of session/workshop.
2) When a session/workshop is cancelled, fail to commence or complete by SMF-SDO, participant may withdraw from the briefing session/workshop with a full refund of paid attendance fee or defer attendance to another date, if any, set by SMF-SDO.
3) Notice of change in participant’s name, organisation, address and contacts must be given in writing, not less than 3 working days before the briefing session/workshop commencement date.
4) SMF-SDO reserves the right to amend the programme and/or these terms and conditions without prior notice.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact Ms Cynthia Toh at
Ms Cynthia Toh