- 6th November, Monday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2017 Intake: 10 Feb l 24 May l 29 Aug l 6 Nov
Written communication skills are vital at the work place. However, business writing is different from the English grammar, composition and literature taught in schools. When adults in the working world write business e-mails, they naturally draw on what they learnt in schools as well as on precedent office correspondence. But such writing tends to contain commercial language and what was learnt in school is often contrary to good business style. Business writing is in essence concise writing that is a blend of practical basics and skilled insight.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Understand and avoid the common errors in technical writing
2. Employ guided technical writing skills
3. Acquire practice in writing technical reports
4. Write clear and convincing reports
5. Format their technical reports effectively
1. Problems Faced by Technical Writers
2. Ten Cs of Effective Technical writing
3. Writing Concisely
4. Guidelines for Better Writing
5. 7PS of the Writing Process
6. Effective Openings of Reports
7. Effective Closings of Reports
8. Format of Letters and Reports
9. Organising Reports
10. Problem Solving and Project Status Reports
11. Proposal to Purchase and Incident/Accident Report
12. Convincing Your Reader(s)
13. How to make a heavy Technical Report more stimulating
14. Editing Your Report
15. Checklist of effective Technical Writing techniques
1 day (9am-5pm)
SMF Members: $321*
*fees are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 65 6826 3100
Fax: 65 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at