The PeMC Certification aims to develop experienced craftsmen in recognition of their skills and experience. It will enhance their career opportunities to become supervisors and leaders of modern complex manufacturing operations and accords them salaries which commensurate with the higher value they bring to the job.
As of now, there are 33 certified master craftsman.
Click here to find out who they are.
Important Milestones of the PeMC Certification
Launch of the PeMC Certification on 26 November 2013
On this significant day, over 60 companies stepped forward to sign a pledge symbolising their support towards the PeMC Certification. Click here to know more about the launch and the companies who expressed their recognition towards this PeMC Certification.
Pioneer batch of Precision Engineering Master Craftsman Certified on 19 May 2014
Singapore Manufacturing Federation administered the Precision Engineering Master Craftsmen (PeMC) Certification to 12 highly skilled professionals on 19 May 2014. More details can be found here
About the PeMC Certification process
PeMC Certification Board
Dr Ahmad Magad, Vice President Singapore Manufacturing Federation
Mr Goh Eng Ghee, Deputy Chief Executive Workforce Singapore
• Mr John Kong, Council Member from Singapore Manufacturing Federation
• Mr Chang Chin Nam, Executive Director from Economic Development Board
• Mr John Lu, Director from SPRING Singapore
• Mr Ho Hooi Min, Head (Skills) of Academy of Lifelong Learning and Skills from Nanyang Polytechnic
PeMC Certification Committee
Mr Lam Joon Khoi, Secretary-General from Singapore Manufacturing Federation
• Mr George Lim, General Manager, Marketing & Business Development from Makino Asia Pte Ltd
• Mr Soh Chee Siong, CEO from JEP Precision Engineering Pte Ltd
• Mr Dovic Jadranko, MD from VDL Enabling Technologies Group
• Mr Michael Leong, Senior Operation Manager from Leica Instruments (S) Pte Ltd
• Mr David Wong, Head Additive Manufacturing Innovation Centre from Nanyang Polytechnic
How to apply
Application form can be downloaded here and printed out for submission in hard copy. Completed form can be submitted to:
Attn: PeMC Certification
Singapore Manufacturing Federation
2985 Bukit Merah Singapore 159457
Submitted applications should be accompanied with a $100 cheque payment. Payable to "Singapore Manufacturing Federation", payment is non-refundable.
For administration purposes of the consolidating the application forms, the closing date for the applications is 30 April 2017. (quarterly basis)
For more information, please contact Ms Violet Er at
Tel: 6826 3074