- About Us
- Activities Calendar
- Capability & Capacity Development
- Media & Resources
The Mid-Autumn festival is representative of unity, hence family members gather to eat Mooncakes during the celebrations as symbol of reunion.
he Mid-Autumn festival is representative of unity, hence family members gather to eat Mooncakes during the celebrations as symbol of reunion.
SMF was therefore pleased to organise a Mid-Autumn appreciation celebration for members of SMF and industry partners on the evening of 20 September 2017, concurrently celebrating its 85th anniversary as well.
Said Mr Douglas Foo, SMF President during the opening, “With 85 years of history on our back, we have been through a number of global and regional recessions. We will continue to play our part to lead the manufacturing industry’s transformation through innovation-led productivity and business model transformation. To this end, SMF has been working alongside our partners like all of you present here today to implement initiatives beneficial to the industry.
I would like to offer my sincere gratitude to our partners for your support all these years.”
140 participants made up of representatives from government agencies, trade associations and institutes of higher learning, joined the celebrations.
SMF Council members were invited on stage to cut the 85th anniversary cake.
SMF would like to thank the following sponsors for their generous contribution towards making the event a success:
1. G-tec Asia Pacific Pte Ltd for sponsoring cash of $500
2. Asia Pacific Breweries (S) Pte Ltd for sponsoring the tiger beer
3. Bake Mission Pte Ltd for sponsoring mooncakes
4. Kwong Cheong Thye Pte Ltd for sponsoring mooncakes
5. Dpc Packaging Pte Ltd for sponsoring their winning design mooncake holders
6. Prima Ltd for sponsoring the birthday cake
7. Starlite Printers (Far East) Pte Ltd for the door gift
8. Terene Seow Group for sponsoring the backdrop