NOTICE is hereby given that the Singapore Manufacturing Federation’s (SMF) 2020 Annual General Meeting of Members of the SMF will be held by way of electronic means on Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 4.30 pm. Please attend this meeting punctually.
1. NOTICE is hereby given that the Singapore Manufacturing Federation’s (SMF) 2020 Annual General Meeting of Members of the SMF will be held by way of electronic means on Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 4.30 pm. Please attend this meeting punctually.
Item 1 Address by SMF President, Mr. Douglas Foo, BBM
Item 2 To approve the minutes of the 2019 Annual General Meeting held on 20 September 2019
Item 3 To approve the Annual Report 2019/2020
Item 4 To approve the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31 March 2020
Item 5 To re-appoint RSM Chio Lim LLP as Auditors
Item 6 To consider the Resolution to adopt the amendments to the Constitution, subject to the approval of the Registrar of Societies
Item 7 Any other business
2. In light of the COVID-19 situation and pursuant to the relevant provisions of the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020, this year’s SMF AGM will be held by e-AGM.
a) Members will only be able to attend the AGM virtually via Zoom;
b) Pre-registration is required to attend the virtual AGM proceedings. The deadline for submitting the Pre-registration Form by Members is 9 September 2020, 6.00 pm.
c) Following pre-registration and verification, authenticated Authorised Representatives will receive an email before the AGM. The email will contain meeting ID and password details as well as the link to access the Zoom meeting of the AGM proceedings. Authorised Representatives who do not receive an email by 15 September 2020 but have registered before the deadline should contact Ng Wee Kok at email@example.com or call 6826 3058.
d) A Member who is attending the AGM may only vote by appointing the Chairman of the meeting as the Member’s proxy to vote at the meeting, by sending the SMF an instrument of appointment (also known as “the Proxy Form”). The completed Proxy Form must reach the SMF latest by 9 September 2020, 6.00 pm;
e) A Member who is attending the AGM may only raise questions pertaining to the items on the Agenda in the Notice of Annual General Meeting by completing the Questions Form. The completed Questions Form is to reach the SMF latest by 9 September 2020, 6.00 pm.
3. Documents and Information relating to the 2020 AGM are as follows (Please click on the link for the respective documents):
4. In accordance to the SMF Constitution, a printed copy of the Annual Report and Financial Statements will be deposited at the reception at the SMF Building for members’ inspection five days before the AGM.
5. Please complete the following forms for the AGM. All the forms to reach the SMF by 9 September 2020, 6pm:
For more information, on the above forms, please refer to “Steps for Pre-registration and submission of Questions & Proxy Forms”.
6. A Member and its Authorised Representative who submits any of the above Forms represents, warrants and undertakes to the SMF, the Chairman of the meeting and the AGM Scrutineer that any personal data of any individual provided has been obtained with such individual’s consent and hereby consents on behalf of such individual to the collection, processing, use and disclosure of his/her personal data by the SMF, the Chairman of the meeting and the AGM Scrutineer (including their respective officers, employees or advisers), in each case, in accordance with the terms of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012)(“PDPA”). For the purposes hereunder, "personal data" has the meaning ascribed to it in the PDPA.
7. The completed forms may be returned to the SMF through one of the following ways:
a) (PREFERRED) Complete the forms, scan and email it back to the SMF at the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
(You may wish to consider downloading the following 2 apps DocuSign and Adobe Scan which would assist you to digitally sign on PDF forms and Scan the completed documents to PDF using your mobile device. Both apps are available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.)
b) By Mail or Drop Off at the Reception – 2985 Jalan Bukit Merah, Singapore 159457. Please state clearly on the envelope – “Attention: AGM Corporate & Council Affairs”
c) By Fax at 6826 3004.
8. In view of the current COVID-19 situation and the related safe distancing measures, Members are strongly encouraged to submit the forms electronically. Members who wish to attend the virtual AGM, please return BOTH the completed Pre-registration Form and the Proxy Form.
9. Please email Ng Wee Kok at email@example.com or call 68263058 if you need further clarifications.
10. Thank you and we look forward to receiving your Pre-registration and Proxy forms.
By order of the Council,
Mr Ryan Chioh, PBM
Singapore Manufacturing Federation