May's edition of TGIF @ SMF with RHB was titled - Preparing you for Digital Success. Participants were treated to sharing sessions by Qoo10, IMDA and D'Wealth Consultancy on various impacts digitalisation has on both business and personal fronts. In the spirit of preparing for digital success, participants were also invited to take the Digital Participation Pledge with IMDA.
During this TGIF, the SMF and the Singapore Computer Society signed a Memorandum of Intent to collaborate to assist the SMF members on their digitalisation journey.
The SMF and SCS will set up the Tech Advancement Group (Manufacturing Tech Interest Group) within SMF under this MOI. This MOI has come to fruition through the efforts of Chairman Vincent Lau and Deputy Chairman Jeffrey Tan of the EEAI-digital commerce (Dcom) interest group within the SMF.
The Tech Advancement Group is a joint initiative by SCS and the SMF and is supported by the Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore under the National Tech Skills Accelerator initiative, to help level up the tech capabilities of professionals in the manufacturing sector.
By virtue of this collaboration, all SMF members (staff who are in non-ICT roles) are automatically Tech Advancement Group members and membership is free from now until 31 May 2020. Take a look at the privileges of the Manufacturing Tech membership:
• Free admission to customised and curated events for professionals in the manufacturing sector.
• Access to SCS tech events either free or at deeply discounted rates.
• Free access to SCS Digital Resources on latest trends, thought leadership reads and case studies etc.
• Access to SCS’s network of deep tech capabilities, training and resources.
• Excellent networking opportunities with SCS tech members and members from other professional associations.
The SMF was also pleased to welcome Mr. Hans de Boer, President of the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers (VNO-NCW), Mr. Hajo Provo Kluit, Deputy Head of Mission and Head of Economic Affairs of the Netherlands Embassy in Singapore and their delegation. The SMF and the VNO-NCW signed a Memorandum of Understanding for members to work together to explore opportunities between the two countries.